Hi! Mama made me cookies! Peanut butter cookies!!!! Nom nom nom. She says it was a lot easier than she thought, I say eating them was easy too! Although, I can only have one at a time (selfish).
Keep reading for the recipe!
Never baked? Me either. Got a few hours and a loving puppy? YES! What time is it? Cookie time!!
Of course, as Kayden loves peanut butter, I made peanut butter cookies!
PEANUT AND PUMPKIN COOKIES: (APPROX. 30 COOKIES)
- 2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour (we fancy)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 2 tbsp creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Pre-Heat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C)
- Combine all ingredients into a bowl and whisk
- Add tbsp’s of water as needed to make dough kneadable (until it is dry, stiff and entirely combined)
- Flour a surface and roll dough to 3/4 inch thick (I used a wine bottle…sssshhhhh)
- Cut into desired shapes!!
- Bake in pre-heated oven until hard (40-45 mins)
Trust me – I may or may not have eaten 1 or 10 of these, they’re delicious…but adding cream cheese frosting makes them amazing…here’s how:
Cream cheese frosting:
- 8 oz of fat free cream cheese
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp plain fat free yogurt
- Mix together 3 above ingredients
- Mix in 1 tbsp plain flour until desired consistency for piping (I used 3 tbsp)
- Separate into 3 bowls and add 2 drops of food coloring (small amounts of food human food coloring does not harm dogs)
- Pour into zip lock bag and form tip by cutting small hole in 1 corner – decorate completely cooled cookies
- Dip completely cooled cookies into icing
NOTE: These cookies should be given as treats only. Ensure that your dog is tolerant to all ingredients before making! Enjoy!